Wednesday, April 18, 2012

virgins flights ~ miles + money offer

i%26#39;m going to fly with virgin next June/July to vegas ~ i%26#39;ve joined their flying club and seen that I can buy 4000 miles for £75, It then says I can buy flights with these miles + money so if I book 2 flights using 2000 miles for each flight I only have to pay an extra £430 for each flight so flight costs £467.50~ If I don%26#39;t do this then the flight costs £650?!?!





Has anyone else done this~ ~I know you can earn miles when you fly and use them but as a person with no starting balance can I just buy the miles then use them for cheaper flights?





can%26#39;t find anything on the website the website that says I can%26#39;t do this



Jar Jar one for you maybe as I know you use virgin alot :)





Any help would be appreciated ~ if not i%26#39;ll try and call them









Thanks,sam



virgins flights ~ miles + money offer


any info would be appreciated





thanks



virgins flights ~ miles + money offer


Are you sure that the flight you can use cash + miles for has available seats? Award tickets are typically not easy to get. Sorry I%26#39;m not more familiar with Virgin%26#39;s frequent flier program. I usually fly Northwest/KLM and I have never seen a similar cash/miles promotion that was worth the value of my miles. And are you sure it is only 2000 miles?





You will probably lose the ability to earn miles on the flight too, so that would mean giving up a future balance of 12,000 or so miles on a round trip from the UK to LAS.






There was a previous discussion about this (albeit a follow-up one) on:





…tripadvisor.com/…7753000





Dickie1927 might be able to give you more information.




Thanks i%26#39;ll send a PM to Dickie




hi there - if you are using their airmiles there will be restricted availability - and I mean really restricted availability - for this route. We%26#39;ve just been caught out as we had a free companion flight (essentially like using airmiles) that we%26#39;ve just tried to book a return trip to Vegas in September, or April to June 2008 and there is zero availability.





I was told by Virgin Flying Club customer services there is very little availability on the UK to Las Vegas route, and we%26#39;ve also found the same for San Francisco. Apparently there%26#39;s usually some availability for New York, but that ain%26#39;t Vegas!





If you want to try it out for yourself, log into your Flying Club account and search for flights using the %26#39;spend miles%26#39; option.




I booked a miles + money flight (together with 3 miles only tickets) last January for July flights to Vegas %26amp; had no problem with availability so I would expect you would be OK if you book now.





Although you may want to wait to see if Virgin make any changes to ';surcharges/taxes'; following recent yahoo re: overcharging!





Re: loss of airmiles on flights - you need 50k miles for one economy return to US so I don%26#39;t expect you%26#39;d lose out by going for miles+money (although Virgin do tend to have sales, etc which may fit in with July trip to Vegas).





Just call them %26amp; ask re: practicalities of paying £75 to save £220.


  • blush brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment