Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Comps in Poker Rooms

Are there any sort of comps one can get from playing in the poker room?



Comps in Poker Rooms


Yes. Poker rooms will generally award comps based on length of play. The average rate is about $1 per hour, but there are some that go as high as $2. The amount earned can then be charged against a buffet or used at the gift shop, for example.





Considering that you can win or lose more money in one hand of poker than you could possibly earn in comps in four hours, it%26#39;s really not worth worrying about.



Comps in Poker Rooms


I was just wondering because if I were to play for a few hours, it would be nice to get a buffet. I liked comp buffets not for the 15 dollars it saves me but for the 30 minutes it saves waiting in line. Same for being in a list in the club, 20 dollars is nothing but waiting in an hour line is.




It all depends where you play. The standard is pretty much a dollar an hour. With some being as high as two. If you want a line pass just ask the room manager. It never hurts to ask. With something like that just say ';I want to grab a quick bite to eat at the buffett and I would like to be back asap, can you get me a line pass?'; I know they will hold your spot and try to get you back to the table asap.




7out, I have heard that Excalibur used to provide a special, free small buffet at dinnertime for poker players served right in the poker area. I do not know if they still do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment