Wednesday, April 18, 2012

direct flights from the uk?

do any airlines fly direct to vegas from uk airports (preferably scottish airports)





had a quick scout about the internet and cant find any details



direct flights from the uk?


Yes they do, and definitely from Manchester (bmi, mytravel) but as for Scotland I don%26#39;t know. Have you tried Glasgow airport%26#39;s own website, or expedia?



direct flights from the uk?


Virgin flys direct from Gatwick or Heathrow, not sure which.......you can also check out BMI/Virgin and other airlines websites (ones that fly in/out of Glasgow) to find out.




Virgin Atlantic go direct from Gatwick and Manchester, BMI go from Manchester.





I know that one of the airlines used to fly direct from Scotland, but I%26#39;ll leave others to comment on that.




Virgin don%26#39;t fly to LV from Manchester.




can you fly non-stop? Certainly easier if the schedules work for you.



If you do have to fly direct I would choose the easiest US airport for the stop - although any international will be busy, I%26#39;d avoid JFK, EWK and LGA if I could. Actually I think if you land in the US it won%26#39;r be direct anymore - it will be connecting, since you will have to clear customs. I don%26#39;t think you can stay on the same plane/flight.



Maybe fly from scotland to UK and then non-stop?




sorry, forgot - to check any routes use the OAG (official airline guide) it will list all routes for all airlines and you can cross-check airports for the best times for you - and you%26#39;ll see the non-stop, direct and connecting flights




bridgefan, Scotland is part of the UK...........




Getting there with virgin Holidays



7 flights a week from London. 3 flights a week from Manchester.





This is pasted from the Virgin Holidays website. They don%26#39;t do just flights from Manchester, but if you book a package holiday to Vegas with Virgin, they fly there 3 times a week.




Jar Jar, I was just answering the original question. There%26#39;s definitely no direct Virgin flights from Manchester to LV. Their packages will presumably involve flying from Manchester to London and connecting on to Vegas.





I%26#39;m originally from Manchester and have lots of friends and family there. I consider myself a bit of authority on all routes out of there to and from the US......... :-)




That%26#39;s weird, as they tout it as direct on their website.... Not gonna argue as I always fly from Gatwick (which is direct :-)... ), but its weid that they call it direct if you have to change flights - kind of defeats the object.





Anyway, it looks as if there are no direct flights from Glasgow I%26#39;m afraid.


  • blush brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment