Sunday, April 15, 2012

For the ladies who got married in Vegas...

How the heck did you get your dress there??!! I live in Texas and am kinda worried about taking it on the plane... I%26#39;m worried that they won%26#39;t be able to hang it up for me and i%26#39;ll have to cram it into a over head bin... One of my friends told me to FedEx it.. NO WAY JOSE!!!





I know there are quite a few of you gals who got married there so i figured i%26#39;d ask.



For the ladies who got married in Vegas...


I had mine in a light plastic cover - carried it on and had the flight attendant put it in the forward closet.



For the ladies who got married in Vegas...


I don%26#39;t know how big your dress is but I just flew to Vegas with a friend who was getting married. They didn%26#39;t have any room to hang it up so she just held it on her lap during the flight, she was sitting next to her groom so there was plenty of room and none of the flight attendants had a problem with her keeping it there. yeah it makes the flight less comfortable but she didn%26#39;t want to cram in it the overhead comparttment or check it. She had it steamed the day before the wedding




My dress wasn%26#39;t a big fluffy type of dress... It was a simple, mermaid style, so it wasn%26#39;t %26#39;big%26#39;. I had it in a garment bag, and I told the flight attendant that was standing at the door of the plane when you board what it was. She took it and hung it up for me and had it for me when we landed.




i shipped mine (I insured the ';F'; out of it too)... my bff%26#39;s parents live there and she took it to have it pressed...





I%26#39;d suggest you have it shipped to a bridal shop or dry cleaners.. so that it is all ready for you when you arrive. Or have it shipped to your hotel, they can take care of all that for you.




JackandSally- i was wanting to ask you yesterday after reading the trip reports about how she got it there but got busy here.





THANKS!!!




Another advantage to keeping it with you, besides knowing where it is at all times, is that everyone is nicer to you when they see you are getting married. Even the normally grouchy airplane security people were nice to her when they saw she was carrying a dress. She was clueless about the 3-1-1 liquid rule and had all sorts of liquids in her purse and no one blinked an eye, which was good for her but scary for the rest of us....




Wow... Security didn%26#39;t blink an eye about all the liquids in her purse?? That%26#39;s comforting to know.




My dress wasn%26#39;t large, but it had a poofy tulle underskirt, was only cocktail length, so fit nicely in a samsonite garment bag. It was my carry on and I was VERY nervous about it being squashed. Our flight was only 4 hours though and I was able to hang it up in the room immediately. I%26#39;d say carry on if you can, that way you can watch it continuously, especially if your anxious and anal like me!




i also took my dress on the plane and was no problem at all. i got it hung up for me and they were ready and waiting with it when we landed!



goodluck for the big day!




Thank yall!! I was worried they%26#39;d not let me take it on. I paid extra for the garment bag and was going to be pretty P!$$ed off if they wouldn%26#39;t let me take it on. Now it just needs to come in from being altered...and the shoes too... sigh now i found out the mens warehouse location they told us to pick the tux up at doesn%26#39;t exist!! FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment