Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mirage or Mandalay Bay

As expected MB is a little more expensive but I read the rooms are much nicer. However, I have heard that Mirage has a much better location. On the other hand, I hear the pool at MB is out of this world. Which would you decide? How are the rooms at Mirage?



Mirage or Mandalay Bay


Mirage has a MUCH better location and also has a great pool. Rooms aren%26#39;t as large as at MB but are still very nice. I like a good central location so I would opt for the Mirage.



Mirage or Mandalay Bay


Mandalay Bay is way at the south end of the strip, that alone would be the deal killer for me and if it%26#39;s more expensive than Mirage that%26#39;s another reason to stay at Mirage. It%26#39;s a very nice facility.




What is your age, who are you traveling with and when are you traveling? Without knowing these things, I can%26#39;t give you any meaningful advice.




I am 38. I am travelling in mid-August. I am kinda of a nerd.




I am travelling alone....I guess that all makes a difference. I am not the smartest guy. I am looking for friendly people but not looking for a bunch of bachelorette/bachelor parties. Also, not looking for the twentysomething wild crowd. If I meet a girl to hang with that would be good, if not I will live. I am not looking to do something behind closed doors but if I like female company and would not mind a weekend with a little romance/flirting.




I prefer to stay near the action but not in the middle of it so MB would be my choice for the same price. For any price difference I would choose the cheaper of the 2, in this case Mirage. Both are nice. If you prefer to do more on foot, Mirage would be the better choice. It%26#39;s centrally located. MB is really about the furthest big hotel on the south end of the strip.





I personally find south strip a little more geared to families. Center strip seems a bit more of a mature crowd. You will probably deal with more kids at the MB pool. For some people that is important. i personally am not bothered one way or the other with the kid factor.




The Mirage will do you good the pool at Mandaly is crowded and there are kids everywhere.




Yeah, we saw a ton of kids there too. The shark exhibit was so crowded and noisy that we were standing three deep to see anything.



...don%26#39;t get me started.




good observation...there does seem to be more kids at the places like Circus Circus and Mandalay Bay




OK, with the additional details, I take back what I said on your other thread. I think you%26#39;d be happier at Mirage than at MB - fewer kids, more central location. You%26#39;re within easy walking distance of Carnaval Court which would be a good place for you to hang out and meet people.





Here%26#39;s another tip from one single guy to another - Have a frozen drink at Island Bar at Flamingo. I have met girls there before, and if you don%26#39;t meet anybody, at least you got a refreshing drink. While you%26#39;re at Flamingo, take a walk through the wildlife habitat. That is likely to be attractive to females who might be traveling alone (women love animals.)

No comments:

Post a Comment