Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tipping for Valets?

We will be doing some valet parking and wondering whats a good tip.. last time we did.. i tipped 1 dollar for parking and then another dollar for retreival. Is this too cheap.. we are renting a ferrari.. im not sure if it depends on your car?





This may be a stupid question...



Tipping for Valets?


We tip 2 dollars... unless they are quick.. then more.



Tipping for Valets?


General consensus is $2-5 (I usually do $3) when you pick your car up, most do not tip when they drop it off.




You already know the answer don%26#39;t you?




If you%26#39;re renting a ferrari I would hope you would tip more than $1. Typically you do not tip at drop off... but if you want them to keep your car close its always a good idea, but more than $1 would be needed for that special attention.





We usually tip 2 or 3 when the car is returned.




We always tip $5 when we pick up......and that%26#39;s for our 4 door sedan that we usually rent! =)




I usually tip about $3/4 when I pick up-never when I drop off.




what do you mean by that underpar???





Im cheap.. my Boy is renting it.. its the only splurge he saves for all year! (i think its silly... but whatever)




Erica, I see your point but, IMHO, if one can afford a Ferrari rental, one should tip accordingly. I have nice cars and always give the valet $10-20 to keep it up front or at least close. Then $10 when picking up. They may put it up front anyway if the Porte Corche is big like Bellagio.




All I know is if you gave me $1 when you dropped off your Ferrari when you come back I would have you watch a parade of Kia%26#39;s before I got yours.




haha i drive a Kia.



Point Taken.


  • blush brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment