Sunday, April 15, 2012

Drinks I could order w/ tequila in them

I am not much of a drinker, but have recently discovered Tequila sunrise drinks and have decided Tequila is my alcohol of choice because it makes me HAPPY:), not sleepy like rum. I can only stomach so much orange juice, so what other drinks are yummy that have tequila in them pleeease?



Drinks I could order w/ tequila in them


TXV - I am disappointed that you neglected the unofficial drink of TX. Margarita!!



Rocks, frozen, strawberry, mango, salt/ no salt, swirled w/sangria. Try them all to see what you like. Heck they are free now is your chance - for a change up try the Mexican Martini - ohhhh I love that one!



Is it 5 o%26#39;clock yet??



Cheers,



CS



Drinks I could order w/ tequila in them




OK, I am a bit of a tequila purist; I prefer my tequila on its own and of decent quality. However, tequila and Squirt is very tasty. If not Squirt, Sprite will suffice but it%26#39;s not as good.




Yeah there are so many different versions of Margaritas in Vegas, trying them all would keep you busy for a week. Try the Bally%26#39;s Tequila Bar, Margaritaville, La Salsa, and Taqueria Canonita.




Tequilla, Orange Juice, and a light layering of grenadine to produce what is known as a Tequilla Sunrise is pretty popular here in CT.




Thanks crapsshooter, this is embarrassing, but I thought Margaritas were made with Rum. I really never drank much, just a few times. From these few experiences, I learned that: I don%26#39;t like the taste of beer or bloody marys, wine gives me bad headaches, and rum makes me sleepy. I like margaritas and fruity stuff, so I%26#39;ll probably try out the different flavors now that I know they are made w/ tequila! ;) (embarrassed) Thanks!




Is Squirt still sold. I used to drink that stuff like water but haven%26#39;t seen it in years.




It%26#39;s funny, but when I was younger Tequila was my drug - I mean drink of choice. I used to drink tequila gimlets... close to a margarita but not as sweet.





But I agree, you will have a blast trying all the different margaritas... but be careful, tequila can sneak up on you.




Heres another vote for mango margaritas, also the raspberry margaritas at margartaville are one of my faves. I can%26#39;t drink lime margaritas as they give me heartburn real fast. Also one of my favorites is the Peach Bellini from Cheesecake Factory or Grand Lux, not made with tequila, but with champagne.




tequila and pineapple juice




Last week I had a mojito made with tequila (usually rum, I think). It was really good, better than the rum ones. I was not in Vegas, but I%26#39;m sure you could still have them make it for you. At this particular place it was called a Mojito de Casa, so not sure if that just means it is their house specialty or if that is a universal name for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment