Sunday, April 15, 2012

Funny Answers Vs. Obnoxious Answers

I like to joke around, and hardly anything I say is ever totally serious. But after a previous post, I%26#39;m worried that I might come off as sounding like a butthole. If I was speaking to someone, they could hear the joking in my tone of voice, but in print that is not the case. I could use little ';jk'; or ';lol'; operators, but I hate that stuff.





Should I not worry about it, and assume people have a sense of humor? Or should I not be myself and only partially enjoy the discourse on the forum? Any tips?



Funny Answers Vs. Obnoxious Answers


don%26#39;t stop being who you are. Just add the lol - even though you hate it.



True - the written word is taken much more seriously since we can%26#39;t ';hear'; your tone.



Funny Answers Vs. Obnoxious Answers


people with a sense of humor will take it all with a sense of humor. people without a sense of humor will think you area jerk even if you add the ';lol';.




I wouldn%26#39;t worry about it - usually us e-people can tell if someone is joking with or without lol - which I also hate but do use to let people know I%26#39;m kidding. I%26#39;m never really sitting here at my desk laughing out loud at anything I%26#39;m writing, well.... almost never:)




You would think ';the_batcomputer'; would clue people in to the fact that I%26#39;m not the most serious dude in the world. Or that I%26#39;m on a VEGAS forum.




What a freak you are!! :-) jk lol




I think Funny is fine.... I love reading the jokes




I think a good sense of humor brightens the day. Some questions just BEG for a comical response and are meant to do so while others are genuine. One must make the decision how to answer. for example, if I was to pose the question, ';I am a 500 pound man. Can I use the 2 for one coupon on the helicopter ride?';




Hey BP....do chicken have teeth? I also enjoy joking around, and it breaks up my work day (did I say work?) or my wifely housekeeping duties when I%26#39;m home. I have also learned alot from other so joke around, but I can be serious when I want to just doesn%26#39;t happen very often....and welcome batty to the forum! Ducky






Funny is always good, but yes, use the LOL or a : ), I%26#39;m not a fan of LOL myself (I do love ROFLMAO but that is only reserved for hilarious, not funny!) but anyways, I use LOL to say I%26#39;m speaking tongue in cheek or good naturedly, because many things sound really mean and trite w/o that being the intention. : )





I disagree that folks can always differentiate w/o these kind of aids.




Big difference between joking and insulting. I would guess there are certain situations where it might be a little difficult to tell the difference but 99% of the time I%26#39;m sure people can tell.





To be honest the only thing that bothers myself personally are comments made strictly to insult or with mean intent especially those that would rather insult than answer a question simply because the question has been asked a dozen times before or more.


  • blush brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment