Friday, March 30, 2012

Allegient air

I believe there was a post way back about the airline.



I have not been on a plane in 35 years as I am petrified.I want to try to go to Vegas on a plane . I am getting too tired to drive all the way.



Allegient air leaves from Bellingham ,i checked their web site . I see that they offer just 2 different travelling dates every week.Has anybody flown from Bellingham to Vegas with them. How big are the planes? Are they all non-stop? How long does it take to fly there? Is it a bumpy ride? Where is the smoothest area in the plane to sit? Can you reserve those seats? Are they good with people who have panic attacks?I really would like some honest answers.



I realize that planes are safe and I%26#39;m not sure that the reason I%26#39;m afraid is because they may crash as I really don%26#39;t think they will. It%26#39;s the thought of floating around in space with my feet not planted safely on the ground and the feeling of being in a sardine can and can%26#39;t get out. Much like my fear of elevators.But I will get in an elevator alone just not more than a few floors!!! But I go up in them with other people.I%26#39;m hoping that I can combat my fear in an airplane also. No Ativan probably won%26#39;t work I take them now lol



Allegient air


How big are the planes: About 150 or so people? Rows of 5 (2 seats on one side, 3 on the other).





Non-stop: from Bellingham to Vegas, yes.





How long: About 2 hours.





Is it bumpy? Yes, especially when you get near Vegas, but it%26#39;s not so bad. Also depends on the weather.





Smoothest area: probably over the wings?





Reserve seats: Yes, with a minimal charge, or you can just arrive at the airport early and get your seats then, free of charge.





Are they good with people with panic attacks: I don%26#39;t know, never experienced it...but they should be trained to handle these situations.





I suggest keeping yourself occupied while on the plane to ease your mind. Read a book, listen to some music, knit?





Good luck!



Allegient air


It is a 2 hour and 40 minute flight according to web site. We are flyingon allegiant in a few weeks ourselves. You can reserve your seat for an additional $10.00 per person per flight. Don%26#39;t know where the smoothest seats are to fly, but I like to sit up front so I can get off the plane as quickly as possible when it lands. Just get in your seat, take a nap, and wake up in Vegas!!




anamerty,





I%26#39;ve flown on Allegiant out of Bellingham to LV 3 - 4 times. It%26#39;s a no frill airliner. When you book your ticket you will notice right away a surcharge for reserve seats ($11/each way), and a surcharge for check-in luggage ($3/each way). While on the plane, snacks or sandwiches price range from $2-$6+, and bottle water $2, beer $5.





The plane can carry about 150 to 180 people, so it%26#39;s good size airplane, as kenderson mentioned it%26#39;s 2 seats on one side, and 3 on the other. and it goes down to 36 rows (I sat in row 35 on the way back to Bellingham in March 07).





Not sure if you%26#39;re able to sleep in a car while someone else is driving, if you think you can sleep on the plane, a couple of Allegiant flights leave Bellingham at 8:30 in the morning; meaning you will need to wake up and be out of the house by 5 AM (45 minutes drive to Bellingham, plus boarder wait); or just not sleep that night and pack.





Here is another suggestion, when boarding the plane, board last, this will save you 30 minutes of just sitting on the plane waiting for other people to board.





Something to consider, sitting over the wing, or the back end of the plane will be noisy, also if you’re sitting above the wing, you will be responsible for the emergency exits, if you’re thinking about sleeping on the plane, you would want to fly on the front end of the plane.




anamerty,





If you really have significant fear, and you are afraid of having panic attacks, you should discuss that with a professional before flying.





You could speak to your doctor who will decide if you should be referred to someone who specializes in phobias and anxiety, if more anti -anxiety meds might help, or if both or neither are indicated. There are some great folks out there that can help.





Allegiant is a fine no frills airline, but if you have a panic response to flying, the name of the carrier doesn%26#39;t matter. The real issue is finding a way that the fear doesn%26#39;t limit you from doing what you want to do!





I hope it all works out and you can enjoy a trip tp Las Vegas soon.




';Not sure if you%26#39;re able to sleep in a car while someone else is driving...';



As opposed to being able to sleep while driving yourself?





Well Shrinkgirl, now the whole world knows what the Shrink in Shrinkgirl means. Excellent advise.




I agree 110% with what Shrinkgirl said. It is stellar advice.




We%26#39;ve flown with Allegiant several times. Never had any problems (obviously since I%26#39;m still here LOL). I have found the flight staff very friendly. I would tell them that you%26#39;ve never flown before and are a bit nervous. I%26#39;m sure they%26#39;ll give you some reassurance throughout the flight. Tell the people at the check in desk also- they%26#39;ll probably sit you up front or as close as they can (which is where I prefer). I have never paid for reserving seats by the way. Sometimes it helps to see people carrying on as usual when you hit a little turbulence or feel uncomfortable.



Keep your destination in mind! Bring things with you on the flight to keep your mind off things. Most importantly - have a blast on your trip to Vegas!




Anamerty: Allegiant flys out of B%26#39;ham 6 days a week. You were looking at the Reno option. I only fly out of B%26#39;ham now that Allegiant is there. I am done driving to Seattle (unless i go to somewhere else than Vegas, but that doesn%26#39;t happen).



They are the friendliest people working in the airport and on the plane, they should be able to encourage you along.



Just bring music or a DVD player to help pass the time quicker.



B%26#39;ham has a very small airport and easy to navigate.



You%26#39;ll be fine, just commit and buy your tix.




I too have flown out of Bellingham. It was, as others suggested, a no frills flight. We enjoyed it though.





If you%26#39;re really freaked out, what about some mild sedatives? A good friend of mine, who hates flying, always takes a gravol before she flies so she sleeps on the flight. I%26#39;ve taken mild sleeping pills like Nytol for trans-atlantic flights as I can never sleep on the plane.




I love flying with Allegiant Air. They have always arrived earlier than their schedule and they%26#39;re so friendly and caring. Don%26#39;t expect any blankets or pillows and be prepared to pay for any food or drinks you%26#39;d like. I fly to Vegas from Rockford, IL twice a year. In April I went with 8 family members for my daughter%26#39;s wedding. There were 4 that had never flown. There was turbulance as we got closer to Vegas and my 2 girls let out slight screams. A flight attendant said, ';Aahh, Vegas virgins'; and then let them know why it was bumpy right before arriving. No, I don%26#39;t remember exactly why. I think it has something to do with Vegas being so warm and the cold air at high altitude. Most of the plane heard the girl%26#39;s and there were many chuckles. The bride had a panic attack after we arrived and missed the whole evening. I totally understand how you feel. As for flying again - She%26#39;s flying to Vegas again next year to celebrate her first anniversary. That was the only bumpy part of our flight. From Rockford, reserving seats is $11 each way. We reserve just to make sure to sit together. I%26#39;m going with my girlfriends in October and we also reserved our seats to be seated together. You%26#39;ll be fine and possibly take something to calm you down before the flight.


  • dermatologist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment