Friday, March 30, 2012

Some things you just can't get in Vegas....

I just dined on salad with the following;



lettuce



tomatoes



green peppers



zucchini



yellow squash



onion



carrots





We also had ears of checkerboard corn, and for desert; cantalope, watermelon, and peaches. All were home grown right here in our area...yum, yum, yum!!!





One good thing about being in the midwest is when our homegrown produce becomes available, and you can%26#39;t get fresh fruit and veggies like that in Vegas. Oh I know you will say it is fresh daily, but it is trucked or flown in from somewhere else so just not the same thing!





Anyway it made me think...what do you have in your area that we can%26#39;t get in Vegas?



Some things you just can't get in Vegas....




Haggis?





And if anyone wants to correct me and tell me where I can get haggis in Vegas ... I don%26#39;t want to know, I plan on eating american food!





Nev%26#39;7



Some things you just can't get in Vegas....


Hmmmmmm..everything is better in Vegas except Barbeque and the Bloody Mary%26#39;s in Texas are spicier.




A dark, quiet place to sleep for 8-10 hours with no temptation only a few floors below me to blow half a month%26#39;s pay!




Okay, Nev7, I%26#39;ll bite. What is/or Haggis?





I%26#39;m from Louisiana, so I would have to say true Creole cooking.





It%26#39;s funny, we have the best seafood in the world here, and we still look for seafood in a desert. hehe




great start...and for those of you (like me) that need to look up haggis;





Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish.



There are many recipes, but it is normally made with the following ingredients: sheep%26#39;s %26#39;pluck%26#39; (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal%26#39;s stomach for approximately an hour.





Hope this is accurate, %26#39;07!




Blue wkd for my fat frogs




I guess it%26#39;s an acquired taste! And someone on here recently questioned what grits are. ;-)





Camille




LOL Camille...we typed at the same time!





Mr. Ducky also loves your mudpuppies!!!!




ok first...you have to translate for me since I%26#39;m from the midwest! LOL




Ducky, I knew that but I was trying not to remember (ooooooohhh my stomach....)

No comments:

Post a Comment