Friday, March 30, 2012

How can you last in Vegas?

I am in LA so we are driving distance and some go two maybe three times a year so needless to say two nights is more than enough. When you consider the extremely high prices for everything, the monotony of theme hotels and you can only gamble and drink so much. It just gets old real quick.



So here it is: How long do you stay and what would justify staying longer than two nights in Las Vegas?



How can you last in Vegas?


I%26#39;m doing 7 nights in about two weeks. I plan on going to Valley of Fire, Red Rock, and possibly the dam if I get really bored. I don%26#39;t plan on going out drinking and gambling all the time. I consider this a vacation and plan on doing some reading and just relaxing.



How can you last in Vegas?


the rooms are more expensive than Hawaii



would it not be more relaxing on a paradise island?




Rooms are only $45 in Vegas. I have my own car. Honolulu hotels start at $104 for the days I will be in Vegas. (according to priceline)





Vegas can be very affordable. It depends what you want to do during your stay.




We travel to Vegas twice a year now. Once in September, when we stay 5 to 8 days. Then usually a second time for a concert for 3 days. Lets see I gamble and drink 6-10 hours a day. Has not become old yet. Eat at a several nice places one everyother night. There are dozens of great places so have not made them all yet. Wife likes the pool and sun. That keeps her busy or relaxed during most day light hours. Still a number of shows to see.





Cost of hotel rooms. Our September trip booked for 8 nights total cost $612 Rio, MGM, Luxor So cost of rooms on a per night basis is far below what we usually pay when we travel.




It is a personal choice. In October it will be my 3rd trip since June. I justify the length of stay strictly on how much time off do i have and size of bankroll to spend gambling.





It is all in the timing for Hotel prices, like most any vacation destination. higher demand equals higher room prices. Same as where I live in Phoenix metro area.




Well, when you have to fly in its a different story. I spend as much time traveling to the airport, being there early, fooling arond with luggage, etc. than I actually do in the air. It takes a day to recover from the airline experience before I really sink into Vegas so two nights isn%26#39;t enough.





I go at least for three nights but I prefer four, especially if my flight in isn%26#39;t first thing in the morning. Smart travel planning like going midweek and taking advantage of the players club to get better room rates helps immmensely. Shows and off strip excursions help break up the monotony but honestly there are still parts of the strip I haven%26#39;t even gotten to so I could be more than happy staying on the strip if I had to.




I have to endure a 5 hour flight (non-stop) from Virginia to Vegas so It would not be worth it to stay less than 7 days.





Since I get weekend rates at MGM for $89 per night (return visitor) the price for weekends are not that bad.





Last year with doing some homework and checking hotels as prices dropped, I was able to get Ballys%26#39; for 3 weekday nights at $59 a night, the Orleans for $58 1 night and the other weekday night free and MGM 5 nights at $69. Not too bad.





The weekend rates are so high compared to weekdays.





I am staying 10 days this time, staying at 3 hotels, which feels little 3 mini Vegas vacations.





I can find tons of things to. I love touring the hotels, gambling, eating, relaxing.





But, I either only go once or twice a year.





The off strip hotels are so much cheaper than the strip hotels. The food is cheaper, booze, etc.




I suppose a couple of nights works for those who can drive to Vegas, but that%26#39;s not the majority of people who go there. When flying I think 3 nights is the average minimum stay. I like a 4 night stay, when we do 5, I%26#39;m really ready to leave when the time comes to go. This next time I%26#39;m doing something I%26#39;ve never done, stay 10 days and 3 hotels, not what I want as far as changing hotels but that%26#39;s just the way it%26#39;s going to have to work out. Mirage 4 nights, MGM 3 nights, Bellagio 3 nights.




Kica, you say, ';monotony of theme hotels and you can only gamble and drink so much.'; Of course we are talking about personal tastes and interests, aren%26#39;t we? Some people might wonder how much ocean you can look at or flower fragrances one can smell without it becoming monotonous. I imagine there might be a little bit of drinking that takes place in Hawaii, too. Haven%26#39;t been there, yet, so can%26#39;t really talk from experience.





Can%26#39;t justify any time in Las Vegas. It is pure extravagance and I love every minute of it, and I don%26#39;t even drink, so I guess that just leaves gambling. This year I will be there for the longest time, yet, six nights. I can%26#39;t wait.





Oh, I forgot, we do take in shows, eat wonderful meals, see beautiful, varied sights, meet interesting people, relax, enjoy each other%26#39;s company without interference from people and things that impact our everyday lives and discover something new on every trip. Nope, it%26#39;s not old, yet.





Camille




Justify staying longer? I like to stay 5 nights, wish I could stay longer. Some like it more than others. I don%26#39;t think we can explain it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment