Friday, March 30, 2012

Honeymoon - Mandalay Bay or Signature at MGM??

Hey everyone, trying to figure out which would make for a better honeymoon, first week of September: Mandalay Bay or The Signature at MGM. We are specifically looking for:





-Quality room - Jr Suite at Sig MGM versus 550DR at Mandalay





-Great service





-Restaurants





-Bars





-Pool





If anyone has any info, or knows of any honeymoon %26#39;perks%26#39; at either, would love to know.





Thanks for your help!



Honeymoon - Mandalay Bay or Signature at MGM??


Room Quality - Signature at MGM





Great Service - Signature at MGM





Restaraunts - MGM Grand (Definitely try Craftsteak!)





Bars - Probably Mandalay Bay





Pool - It%26#39;s a toss up between the two. Since you are staying at the



Signature your able to use the MGM pools. And the pools



at Mandalay Bay are aweosme too. You will find alot of



mixed reviews about the 2.





Overall, I think the Signauture is alot better choice in my opinion. Unless you upgraded and stayed at theHOTEL at Mandalay Bay. That IMO would be a tough decision. But based on the 2 rooms you are deciding between I would go with the Signature.





As far as honeymoon perks, I wouldn%26#39;t know much about that. I%26#39;m a single 23yr old guy. So for me to give honeymoon perk advice would be bogus. The only thing I can properly advise on is the first question about which hotel. I hope this helps!



Honeymoon - Mandalay Bay or Signature at MGM??


My vote is for the signature




I%26#39;m really excited about all the beach-y amenities at Mandalay Bay, so we would consider upgrading to THE Suite at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay - I am guessing that brings the two properties even closer together in terms of room quality?





Any other opinions on who wins out on any of the categories I listed above??





Looking to try and book asap, so really appreciate advice from anyone who has been to both/either.





Cheers!




Im going with Mandalay, when you break it down your really asking which Hotel is the better, to me this is a no brainer, Mandalay bay.





Great service is based upon ones expectations, great service can be had by any Hotel depending on the source.





Restaurants, both Hotels have decent restaurants, and in most cases you will not eat in the Hotel every night as it is.





Bars Mandalay hands down





Pool Area Mandalay is considered the Number 1 pool grounds in LV.




Thanks DiceMan, it%26#39;s so true that the restaurants aren%26#39;t as important as room/hotel quality and pool for us - as we will be eating all over the place...





Any other thoughts??




Well I love THEhotel. Signature seems nice but I haven%26#39;t stayed there so I can only repeat what I%26#39;ve heard and read. I have stayed at MGM and I actually prefer it to Mandalay Bay when it comes to restaurants and bars but I prefer Mandalay Bay%26#39;s buffet and I feel Mandalay Bay itself is a more attractive property. The suites at THehotel are true suites while the junior suite at Signature is just that, a junior suite- one room with a sitting area. THEhotel%26#39;s suites are actually somewhat small for a true suite at 725 sq feet while Signatures one-bedroom suite (the next step up) is actually 900 sq ft. Jetted tubs are standard at Signature in all their suites but not at THEhotel. Mandalay Bay, however, does have a Gold Class room called a Spa Suite that might be worth looking into. THehotel is a little darker but I like that about the place, some do not. I find that THEhotel has fabulous views due to it%26#39;s location but Signature has balconies which might prove interesting. Sounds to me like you would prefer to go to Mandalay Bay, you would be making a good choice either way (although for a honeymoon I personally think Wynn is the place to be, but that%26#39;s just me.)




Definately get a room with a jucuzzi in big enough for 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment