Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Is the Helicopter Flight down the strip worth $60 / person?

Thinking of doing this one evening, is it worth us spending $120 or shall we invest the cash elsewhere.





We have flown in a helicopter before to the Grand Canyon and loved it. I%26#39;m know we%26#39;d enjoy it just not sure if for 10 minutes its worth the money???





Thanks





Clare



Is the Helicopter Flight down the strip worth $60 / person?


With that $120 you could rent a car for a WEEK in Vegas.



Is the Helicopter Flight down the strip worth $60 / person?


I%26#39;m a person who loves flying. In things with wings, that is. I first flew commercially at age 1 and have been in planes with 2 seats up to well over 300. If something goes wrong in a helicopter, it basically becomes a rock. I felt terrible for the camera crews in Phoenix last week. I%26#39;d rather pay less for the view from the Eiffel Tower, the Strat or the Voodoo Lounge at Rio. Just my 2c. I don%26#39;t think any of the Vegas-based helo companies have ever had a fatal accident, so maybe I%26#39;m overly cautious. Hey, there are people afraid of things like the number 13, so I%26#39;m not TOO weird!




Don%26#39;t fancy driving, when we were there previously the strip looked like a nightmare to drive on with all the congestion. 2 other reasons, can%26#39;t get my head around driving on other side of the road and the other reason is that we both drink plenty.





Clare




As long as you go on a clear evening, (ask lonsouth about this) it is incredible. My clients pay 80 per person, and that is a discounted rate, so 60.00 per person is a great rate. which company is that thru?




The ride is short, about 10 minutes total. It%26#39;s really neat at night, though. 60 bucks is a good price. Since you%26#39;ve already flown to the Grand Canyon, the 120 may be better spent elsewhere.




Save your money.



All you see is Black and a blur of lights.




An idea.



Go to a gift shop and and buy one of those 36'; X 26'; color posters of Vegas at night for about $14 U.S.



Have one on my wall.



0341




I paid 75 a piece with pick up from hotel I believe. The flight was only about 12 - 15 minutes but it was fun and there was plenty of champagne before the flight. It is very hard to take pictures but video seemed to work well. Might do it again some time, after a really big win.




$60 is with Papillon, its on special offer at the moment.




Do it! You will not forget it ever! I surprised my boyfriend last year with this and he raves about it to everyone.





As for the posters about blurry lights/pics, not true. My camera took great pics and great video and nothing was blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment