Friday, March 30, 2012

Vegas at Easter?

What is it like at Easter in Vegas? I notice some of the premium hotels have dropped their prices slightly for this weekend. Some decent deals to be had. With Easter coming on March 23 2008 (extremely early), will it be busy? I think March madness occurs at this time as well. Do any of the shows go dark for Easter? Any info would be appreciated. Cheers!



Vegas at Easter?


Dave, we have been to Vegas many times at Easter. It is a little bit quieter, but just a bit. I have found in the last couple years Vegas is always busy. It is funny, it was probably on our first trip during Easter (probably 1999), we were in the cab heading to our hotel and we said to the cabbie, ';will it be busy because it%26#39;s Easter?';, to which he replied, ';no, the only people here are heathens and asians'; (I guess that makes me a heathen ;)!). I don%26#39;t know anything about March madness, but if you can get a good deal, book it now - you can always cancel it. As for the shows, I don%26#39;t believe they ever go dark - perhaps some of the headliners, but not the productions.



Vegas at Easter?


I have been to Vegas for Easter, and it is kind of a non-event there. I don%26#39;t recall anything much being different.




Thanks for the info.




Many schools are off the last week of March for spring break, might be busy. Most shows take off the last two weeks of December, doubt many will be dark (unless they are usually dark on Sunday). Heard from somewhere that the big gamblers form Asia were disturbed by all the craziness last year surrounding the college basketball finals. Sorry I can%26#39;t remember the source, maybe somebody remembers?

No comments:

Post a Comment