Friday, March 30, 2012

Worst LV Hotel Experience- Pls Share!

I%26#39;ve seen this post on here before and was so amused by the replies. I just thought there might be new experiences to read about.



Worst LV Hotel Experience- Pls Share!


Okay I will bite....





Not really bad, kind of funny in the end





Taking a shower all soaped up at the MGM. The faucet somehow flew off. The water pressure was so strong, there was a strong stream of water shooting across the tub. I tried to get faucet back on but could not due to water pressure, so I turned off water, jumped down in the tub and tried to slap up any remaining water left in the tub to get soap off.





I should have just turned water off and used the sink to soap off. Just was not thinking. I was like what the H....l is going on.





The facuet was fixed and I was comped $150 in food.





Funny when I look back on it.



Worst LV Hotel Experience- Pls Share!


Here%26#39;s the paragraph about the Monte Carlo from my June trip report-





From there, we headed to the Monte Carlo to check-in, and this was the worst experience of our trip. The person at the desk was pretty short with me when I asked where we were to park, she asked twice if we wanted non-smoking like it was an effort to find a room for us, and when I tried to explain I had contacted the hotel manager concerning our anniversary, she told me they would not upgrade our room. She then said she was giving us a room overlooking the strip. I told her we preferred a quiet room and didn%26#39;t care about the view especially since the strip view was by the City Centre construction, and she informed me it was away from the noise...WRONG! We faced the construction and were right across from the Harley Davidson Cafe with some kind of really loud music. I should have asked to be moved the minute we walked into our room and heard the noise plus the voices of the couple in the room next to us, so it is my own fault for not calling at that moment. Anyway we decided it was our last night and to make the best of it, but around 1AM we heard screams from the room above us, drunks standing in the hall talking, voices from the strip below, and we slept maybe 2 hours total. We decided this was the worst hotel we%26#39;d ever stayed in other than the roach motel in Orlando about 10 years ago, and I would not recommend it to anyone who was interested in sleeping at night! I think due to the construction of City Centre, the lack of a garage, the flimsy construction of the building (little insulation between the walls and windows are very thin), and too much of a party crowd for us that it was not a fun way to spend our last night. I know others on the forum like the Monte Carlo, but it was a bad night for us so know we won%26#39;t be back there.





It is by far the worst Vegas hotel experience for us....sigh (I always try to be fair, and I know others that love it and always have a good experience there...so remember this was only one night and also a Friday)




Trip was not ruined but it was a negative start - had asked for



adjoining rooms 2 months prior and could not be accommodated for some reason (ended up with rooms being about 10 rooms away



from each other). Anyway, was awakened at 5:00 a.m. by loud



laughter/screeching from next door, this went on for half an



hour, could hear it thru adjoining door plus outside in hallway.



Finally got up and looked into hall - there was a little girl from



the room next door running in and out of her room shrieking



and laughing like crazy, this had been going on a half hour



by then - I called the front desk and they said they would alert



security, don%26#39;t know what happened after that as I buried my



head in my pillow and eventually the noise stopped but



couldn%26#39;t go back to sleep, went downstairs at about 7 a.m.



and asked desk clerk if I could switch rooms because of



what happened (was aggrevated because I could not have



my own family in adjoining room but had to put up with someone



else%26#39;s demon child). The clerk said their policy was ';No changing



rooms for any reason';, which I thought was very strange but she



assured me security had addressed the problem and it wouldn%26#39;t



happened again, which it didn%26#39;t thank goodness but it being



the Bellagio I had expected better and I was really surprised by



all of the strollers and toddlers there during our stay, I can%26#39;t imagine



they really enforce the rule that kids have to be staying there although kids being guests does not make them under control.




Mine was at the Four Queens. We had a comp suite for four nights and we were moving to a standard room after that. We were fine in the suite and moved to the standard room and left for a day of gambeling. We didn%26#39;t return until about 2 am and found that our key card didn%26#39;t work. The front desk sent security and we found a very drunk and angry man in our room.





When they transferred the room someone made a boo-boo. and re-rented the room. The other occupant called to say that there were items in the room and a bellman ';packed'; our things and put them in storage. By 4 am we had new room and our things back. I found it really creepy to find someone in what I thought was my room and creepy to have someone going through my belongings.





I still ilke to gamble at the Queens. I am sure that my experience was an unsual one but it was the last stay we had there.




Mine was at Green Valley Ranch, my 1st trip to Vegas. I fell down at the conference party into a wading pool, twisted my left ankle, cut my left foot, right knee and right elbow. I was wet from the neck down in my dressy clothes, my heels and purse were floating around nearby.... spent 8pm-5am in the ER for xrays. Got back to hotel and had to wait at least 1/2 hour for security to bring me a wheelchair, he wouldn%26#39;t let me keep it in room, next morning called front desk for ice packs for the pain, they never came. I went way far on crutches to the security desk to check out a wheelchair for the day (I regret not being more forceful about them bringing it to my room, we called for it to be brought but they said we need her to come to the security desk 1st, I should have called the manager!!!) Anyways, my DH wheeled me around the strip all day and when we got back at 9 or 10 pm there was a plate with some lousy fruit on it. We had to fly back next morning early. I am working with them on having them pay my hospital deductible, they said they have to review everything and decide. The staff was totally rude and uncaring!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr




From many moons ago (I was about nine and there was no CC then so you sat in the pool all day if you were under 21)---we were at the %26#39;Dust for my pa%26#39;s annual music teacher%26#39;s convention. About 4 am, a gawdaful fight started next door (with thrown items) due to the fact the male of the pair had overextended the couple%26#39;s funds at the tables, and they were both drunk off their butts to put it mildly. Security hustled up immediately (Rocko and Kneecaps, those were the days, lol) and there was plenty of colorful language and noise. My granny, who was with us, kept us up the rest of the night, praying on the rosary beads. Ugh. Management comped us for a night and sent up a fruit plate and a bottle of wine and a free dinner at the Tiki restaurant.





More recently, not bad but funny, I was at the Hilton last year for the 40th Trek con. I hadn%26#39;t told anyone from work where I was going, just a few day%26#39;s vacation leave. Well, this older couple shows up in costume with a stroller full of dogs (yes, dogs), and *all* of them were dressed in costume too. And some news crew says, ';Here we are, live from the Hilton in Las Vegas...'; just as my friend and I were walking by this scene (neither of us was in costume, thank goodness, but maybe we should have been). Had *three* calls that afternoon from workmates and now they call me Professor Trek at school.




Kitty,



That is rich!! What a funny story. Prof Trek! Just goes to show that what happens it Vegas... goes on tv, internet, newspaper.........




Well, I have to say it was at the Flamingo 23 years ago... WAY before Hilton bought it. And it was nice! But the beds were ssooo hard!! Like sleeping on concrete. They didn%26#39;t want you to sleep.... they wanted you to gamble. But still it will always be my favorite trip...




txvegasgirl i am sorry you fell and they treated you that way but i dont see how it is the reosts fault you fell into the pool??







as for mine rented a room for a freind running in a marathon from baker to las vegas at the san remo i wont say what was found in the room but it was nasty





they moved my friends to a different room and copmed the stay with food included




vegastaco,





Must have been really bad for that kind of comp.

No comments:

Post a Comment