Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Management attitude in Hofbrauhaus LV

Friday, 07.20.2007. I took my business partner with his friend to the Hofbrauhaus Las Vegas. We got seated at an empty table. We had almost finished our dinner when we were asked if we could move to another table because the current one we occupied would be needed for a group of twenty. We agreed and so we got placed at a table close to the band. This table is the so called Stammtisch were people meet frequently. There wasn’t any tag or sign at this table which said that it was reserved and again, we got seated there by the waitress. I went to use the restroom and in the meantime a obviously well known German went to our table and forced my business partners friend who is a lady with 82 years off of her place, telling her that this is his place. How is that possible in a restaurant when also we didn’t finish our meal at that time. No he also moved all the beverages by side and placed himself. The lady felt terrible bad and confused, more exactly harassed. As I came back I was talking to the German man, asking him in German why he did that and what kind of behavior that would be. He just said that this is his place at the Stammtisch. I am German too and I understand the thing with the Stammtisch, but nobody I know would ever force an 82 year old lady off her place. The Bavarian German wore a leather pant and I felt that he had a knife in his side pocket. The knife had a huge handle made out of antler. I pulled it out and showed it to the people at the table asking what is this all about. So the well known German took his knife and left. There have been already some incidents before with this man at the same table, how other Germans at the table reported to me. I saw the manager and waved him to me. He came over and said that this is a Stammtisch and its Friday and that is “the place” of the Bavarian German fellowman (there is no tag with his name on it). He even didn’t change his attitude while explaining about the rude action the man had done to the lady. From my side I know now that it is allowed to carry a four inch long knife in Nevada. But in drinking halls like that, alcohol and/or combined with aggression a not completely concealed knife can encounter bad incidents. Somebody else who see’s the knife can take advantage of it. My complaint is against the management allowing the so called well known customers having the right to harass and/or treating people with rudeness. Forcing an 82 years old lady off her place shows the lowest level and is even accepted by the management. I’m also from Germany with a business here in Las Vegas. But I’m still a guest in the United States of America and I do apologize for my German fellow countrymen.



Management attitude in Hofbrauhaus LV


Vee Gates.





That place does not represent true german food, beer, etc.





Its a tourist trap.





COLD german potato salad, NO way.



Management attitude in Hofbrauhaus LV


Who knew there was such etiquette to where you sit in a beer hall? Thanks for the enlightening post, ABC. I%26#39;ll watch out for those knives!





And no need to apologize for your fellow countrymen. If we did that, we would never stop apologizing.




So tell us! Was the ';well-known Geman'; Seigfried or Roy?




We weren%26#39;t impressed with the food or service the day we went to the Hofbrauhaus. However, we love Cafe Heidelberg! Always great food and service. If you havn%26#39;t been there, try it. We will be back in two weeks. Can%26#39;t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment