Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What is a blackjack tournament?

What is a blackjack tournament?



What is a blackjack tournament?


It generally consists of several tables, and the person with the most chips after a set number of hands (normally 25 hands) moves on to the next round and so on and so forth until someone eventually wins the tournament.





Normal blackjack rules apply, the only trick is money management.



What is a blackjack tournament?


I%26#39;ve always been of the opinion that my money would be better invested playing on regular blackjack tables than on the entrance fee for a tournament. I%26#39;ve heard it said that card counters seem to favor tournaments these days.




Indeed, money management is key...in addition, you are really playing against the other players ( as opposed to regular canino play), and sometimes, you%26#39;ll hit, or not, just to screw up another player...




Is there a list somewhere to see when Blackjack Tournaments are? I will be in Vegas 8/9 to 8/13 and I figured I would give one of these a shot if they were going on somewhere. I have already checked LVA and their list isn%26#39;t very detailed. I%26#39;m hoping someone has a better list to check. Or maybe I could just contact the Players Club or Concierge at the MGM and have them help me once I am there?




BJinsider.com gives good info and is worth the minor subscription cost. Be advised tournament betting can be very different. You may need to split 10%26#39;s or even hit a blackjack. As was previously stated you are playing your opponents, not the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment